It really does depend on the machine.  Newer machines seem
to be much better with Java-based apps.  But the 170 I work
on, well, lets just say I don't even go into the admin
unless there is another choice.

But, on the flip side, even the faster machines you have to
realize you're just using more horsepower and robbing it
from other applications.

On most newer 520s and higher boxes that I've worked with
customers on, the admin server is quite tollerable.  And
RPG CGI apps are BLAZING.  :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com