 >Do you know anything about the WebSphere Development Studio and the
WebSphere Host Publisher Studio?
Nope. :-)

>Should I also have the WDSc as well as part of my iSeries license?
>From all of my dealings with my AS/400 admin we never automatically received
our WDSc CD's, we instead had to always explicitly ask for them. So contact
your iSeries BP and see what he can do for you. Make note that you want to
request version 6.0.

Just a note on your comment for Cognos that I saw in your response to Joe.
Here are some resources for you that are open source/Java solutions.

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/
http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/
http://ireport.sourceforge.net/
http://www.greenplum.com/index.html