From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of David Stemm
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:34 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] Large File Upload Fails

I have a Java web application (running on Apache 2.0.49 for the AS400
and WebSphere Application Server 5.0.2.7) that allows the user to upload

a file (via HTTP), where the application then takes it and writes it out

to disk.  For every file smaller then 9MB or so, everything works
great.  If the user tries to upload a file that is greater then that,
then the browser comes back after about 30 seconds with a message saying

"Document contains no data".  If I were to take an 18MB file and split
it into two 9MB files and upload, that would work.  So it is not a total

size issue but appears to be an issue with the size of a single file.
By the way, I do all the development work on a Windows machine and the
upload of a large file works in that environment.  Also of note is that
when it fails it never even reaches my application code so doesn't even
try to write it to disk.  It appears to be failing on the web server
side before it even gets to the app server.  Does Apache on the AS400
have some type of file size limit?  Or a cache size limit?  Or perhaps
the HTTP connection times out after 30 seconds?  Does anybody have any
suggestions/ideas?  Thank you.