shane i tried that but get errors on compiling
the name querystring does not exist in the class or namespace

>>> Shane_Cessna@xxxxxxx 18/05/2005 14:37:22 >>>
Rohan,

have you tried:

@querystring = "Select * from ctx4nthg where REF = ";
@newstring = @querystring + @filter;
new iDB2Command(@newstring,connDB2);

hope this helps...

Shane

Hi Guys I have a webservice using the following query it works
absolutly
fine

new iDB2Command("Select * from ctx4nthg where REF = '123456'"
,connDB2);

This works fine but I want it to return different results depending on
the value of something called filter

i have tried
new iDB2Command("Select * from ctx4nthg where REF =" + @filter
,connDB2);