From: Karl Lauritzen [mailto:klauritzen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 April 2005 23:30
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Who Uses WebSphere Express?

Anti Java. Have not seen it proven cost effective or that it even works.
Also non of my staff has this skill would require training or new staff. All
cost money.

I see your points on that Java has its place for some, but it not a miracle
drug that all will need. For us RPG/CGI makes the most sense. And IBM is
pushing it hard.

I agree I am anti Java and for you it works. But other pro Java people think
it is the ONLY way to go.
I think we are saying the same thing ultimately. Look at options and cost
and decide. For us Java has no use and maybe we had wrong people advise us.
But it never worked and the cost was huge compared to what we did with CGI.

Hey if Java saves the 400 fine as long as it still runs RPG/CGI. I am okay
with that.