I don't understand what you're talking about, Karl.  Unless you have a
very small machine, WebSphere Express runs fine, and it only costs about
$2000, I think.

What can WebSphere do for you?  It can allow you to create web
applications on a standard web server supported by IBM.  Then, if you
web serving requirements get large, you can then offload the web serving
part to cheaper Linux or Window machines.  You can't move your web
server off of the iSeries if you're doing RPG-CGI.

As to what JSP Model II can do for you, that's a different story.  If
you have no desire to learn Java or use JavaServer Pages, then RPG-CGI
is fine for you.  But for people who need to move forward into web
services and portals and other new interfaces, Java is a better way to
go, and that means JSP Model II.

Joe