>(assuming from your response that you are challenging my method)

Challenge is such a strong word... <G>

>You are still hard coding just as much as I am.

Not so sure. I'm simply changing the .config file as I move from
environment to environment. Unless I grossly misunderstand what .NET is
doing with the WSDL .NET doesn't look at the WSDL once the stub is
generated. So changing the location is the WSDL doesn't buy me anything.
And even if the WSDL is reevaluated each time, how do you tell the
application where to look for the WSDL?

I'm drawing a line between the WSDL which I consider part of the
development side of the world and the URL for the implementation of the
web service which I consider part of the runtime side of the world. I
shouldn't have to re-examine the WSDL to call the web service each time.

If I understand what your saying, you change the location in the WSDL as
you move from environment to environment. However, how do you tell the
application where to look for the WSDL?

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO