You want to code this anyway:

     D  EBytesP                      10I 0 INZ(%size(WpError))
Note the addition of the I data type

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Brad Stone
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 4:41 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Re: CGI-programming.....

Ahah!  You're right... I've used that for so long, I
haven't looked back.  I must have misinterpreted it...

Worst case scenario, some of the message gets cut off I
would assume.

Also, don't click that link if you're using Mozilla... IBM
sites really know how to hose it up good.  :)

Brad

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:11:55 -0500
 Mel Rothman <mel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brad, INZ(40) for eBytesP is incorrect.
>  inz(%size(WPError)) is always correct.
>
> Bytes provided is not the number of bytes provided for
> exception data.  It is the size of the entire data
> structure, which, in WPerorr's case, is 56.
>
> For details, see IBM's documentation (especially the
> "Example: receiving the error code with the exception
> data"), at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm?info/
apis/api.htm

> According to the Information Center, the QtmhGetEnv API's
>  interface did not change from V5R2 to V5R3.  I don't
> believe it has changed since it was introduced around
> V3R2 (CISC) and V3R6 or V3R7 (RISC).
>

> Mel Rothman, CGIDEV2 Author
> Mel rothman, Inc.
>
> Brad Stone wrote:
> >Here's what I use for error parms on every API I call..
> >never done me wrong.  I have it in some of my software
> that
> >is running on V5R3 and so far things look good:
> >
> >     D WPError         DS
> >     D  EBytesP                1      4B 0 INZ(40)
> >     D  EBytesA                5      8B 0
> >     D  EMsgID                 9     15
> >     D  EReserverd            16     16
> >     D  EData                 17     56
> >
> >Also, if you aren't following the thread on the RPG list
> (I
> >didn't see that you had moved it here) you may want to
> >consider checking out my eRPG Software Development Kit.
>  It
> >really makes all of this a lot easier, and like CGIDEV2
> >takes advantage of templates.
> >
> >It's has a lighter footprint and testing shows it also
> >executes faster than CGIDEV2...  right now it's in beta
> >testing and so far the users love it.  A couple are
> >switching over from CGIDEV2 to use it..
> >
> >www.erpgsdk.com
> >
> >Hope this helps.
> >
> >Brad
> >www.bvstools.com
> >
> >On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:08:55 +0200
> > "Henk Schipper" <hs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>QUSEC is not changed when i take a look at the V5R2
> >>machine and compare it
> >>with the V5R3 machine.
> >>however, it seems like the parameters to QtmhGetEnv
> might
> >>have changed (or i
> >>just have an old qusec source on the V5R3 machine.
> >>This is the source, maybe someone else can check it as
> >>well:
> >>
> >>QSYSINC/QRPGLESRC(QUSEC)
> >>DQUSEC            DS
> >>D*                                             Qus EC
> >>D QUSBPRV                 1      4B 0
> >>D*                                             Bytes
> >>Provided
> >>D QUSBAVL                 5      8B 0
> >>D*                                             Bytes
> >>Available
> >>D QUSEI                   9     15
> >>D*
>                                             Exception
> >>Id
> >>D QUSERVED               16     16
> >>D*                                             Reserved
> >>D*QUSED01                17     17
> >>D*
> >>D*                                      Varying length
> >>
> >>I initialise the first parameter always with the number
> >>16.
> >>
> >>thanks,
> >>
> >>Henk.

                                     EnvName:EnvNameLen:qusec)