Hi Brad,

Usually most of the jobs end within a couple of seconds, then two or three
take 20 minutes to end and the final job is still running after 2 hours or
more before I'm forced to cancel it. I'm fairly sure it's not a joblog
problem as they're small like the okay jobs and I also don't see the jobs
writing the joblogs when I do WRKACTJOB. Also, the final job sits on
"TIMW"/"RUN" not "END".

Perhaps the slow and never ending jobs are struggling to complete a
transaction of some sort, my colleague suggested (although he may have
imagined it) that there may be a "flush" function in the Apache config
that could detect problematic jobs and end them before they become a
problem. If I can't find this then I guess I could write a procedure to
abort any slow ending jobs a minute after the ENDTCPSVR command but this
is a bit of a bodge which I hate.

I'm off on holiday on Saturday so I've got to hand support off to a
colleague (who doesn't have a baby!). It's a pain to leave this problem
behind although it won't be the first thing on my mind when I'm relaxing
on a Spanish beach!

btw in case you're interested Brad, the site in question is
www.office-world.co.uk, it's actually a product that we sell called retail
therapy (see the URL below) all written native on the iSeries using
CGIDEV2. Sadly one of the sales blockages we encounter a lot is that it's
hosted on an iSeries, the combination of the unknown and the relative
expense of the box has been a thorn in our side since the launch in
February. We're even pondering whether to rewrite the product in .Net.
However, Office World are a 400 shop so they know how good it is and
they're very, very happy to have their website and (apart from this
problem) it's just so stable and secure.

If you have any other thoughts I'd appreciate them Brad.

Cheers
Michael

Michael Bailey
Director
Q Technology Ltd (Qtec)
Office - 020 8832 9013
Fax - 020 8832 9029
e-mail - michael.bailey@xxxxxxxxxx
Web - http://www.qtec.co.uk/retailtherapy

"Brad Stone" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/07/2004 05:21
Please respond to Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries