> From: David Morris
>
> There are lots of ways but most commonly it is going to
> look something like:

> onchange="myJavaScriptFunction(this)"/>

Actually, I was just trying to figure out the ID of the element so that
I could do it dynamically.  I'm sure it's relatively simple.

Anyway, you can do what you want.  I think Struts is a moving target and
I doubt it will stick around.  In fact, you're already saying the same
thing yourself by sticking in JSTL code.  In fact, to quote one source:

"Another thing to watch for is the eventual deprecation of the Struts
tag libraries. The Struts taglibs largely date from before JSTL was
available, and most of their functionalities can be better served by the
equivalent JSTL tags at this point. As JSTL-compatible (Servlet 2.3)
containers become the standard (such as Tomcat 4.0), there will be less
and less reason to use (and, by extension, to maintain and improve) the
Struts tag libraries.

Eventually, Struts may find itself out of a job. As the JSF standard
evolved over the last year, more and more of the Struts functionality
crept into JSF. This is not surprising, considering that Craig
McClanahan, the "father" of Struts, is also the JSF Spec Lead. Because
JSF is a JCP technology, it will be widely adopted and may eventually
push out Struts because there is a lot of overlap between the two. Of
course, the Struts development community is already busily discussing
how to keep Struts relevant in a post-JSF world, and you can also expect
tools to provide cross-compatibility and migration from Struts to JSF
after JSF is available for production applications (again, in 2004.)"

That's from this article:

http://www.informit.com/isapi/product_id~%7B316CC9BC-0628-4099-BF44-C1E8
69E73852%7D/content/index.asp

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.  But I kinda think this guy has it pegged.
Struts will be replaced by JSF and JSTL.  The question is, what will JSF
and JSTL be replaced by?

My point? If you just code to the basic JSP syntax, you don't care.

Joe