Multiple orders was just an example of having one repeating structure within
another.  For instance within our corporation we can have passed multiple
prices and item numbers because we store it at the customer level, point
company level, and prod company level.  And being a printing company we also
have a lot of text within each item telling us what to print on the product.

Name value pair looses it's strength fairly quickly when you get into
complicated scenarios (and there not even that complicated if you go back to
your example of a relation database structure).  It gets to a point where
you say, "Do I want to use a widely accepted industry standard like XML or
do I want to recreate this process for each method I receive orders?"

XML has a lot going for it besides being a semi buzzword.  There is _a lot_
of functionality being added to it constantly.  I can't say how long it will
be around, but it will definitely be around for the immediate foreseeable
future.

<Brad>
Who wants to put forth the effort, make source available
only to have it criticized because:

"Its only RPG" or
"You whould use DOW instead of DOU" or...
</Brad>

I wish I had that problem.  I can't even get anybody to help with the code
outside of my corporation.  Open source within the RPG community is kinda an
oxymoron.  We should instead call it "Free tools within the RPG community".

Aaron Bartell