>Would writing an XSL script be any easier or better than writing a Net.Data
macro, for example?
Yes because XSL is an industry standard and can be accepted by anybody on
any platform.  But I see your point.

You have to remember that there are allowances in the W3C scheme of things
that makes all of these xxML languages work well together.  I don't believe
you can specify an external URL (http://mycompany.com/mypgm.pgm) that will
translate your XML in place of an XSL document, but I could be wrong.

One nice thing is that it doesn't require a programmer (going by Joe Plutas
standards here) to write a XSL.  It only takes a basic understanding of
loops, data types, etc.  But if you wrote the transformation piece in Java
it would require a much richer set of knowledge.  I am sure there are
instances where XSL just can't do the job and a program is needed. . .

Aaron Bartell