That's just it. It's not necessarily a browser. It may be a cell phone
or a PDA, or something else tomorrow. That the justification for not
simply generating HTML. I don't want to send the same HTML to a device
that has a screen 200 pixels wide (or whatever) as I send to a browser.

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.