Even if you use external .js and html (I believe that you can use external HTML
much like you can use external .js--correct me if I am wrong) it stores the .js
and .htm(l) in TEMP directory under the named external file.  The average
"User" will not know where to look or how to modify, but someone with some
knowledge may be able to modify the browser settings NOT to re-download the
page and .js.

One security setting you can use is to generate an expiring alpha-numeric
random key(expires after each successful request or after a set time limit) of
random length in the form, (time and date stamp this random key in a
file)....if the key doesn't match the user or is older than specified, then
your cgi should send the user away to a "NOT ALLOWED" page and disregard the
request.  This also prevents bookmarking, corruption of data or a user playing
havoc with the url variables(If they know how to do that..)

Jeffrey Flaker
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Linens 'N Things
6 Brighton Rd