Hi e'body ( plz read the complete mail ),

I am still to solve the problem, i have been facing,for quite some time.

This is my first example using IBM web-facing tool,
I am creating my application ( using web-facing wizard ), then I publish
onto WTE.
I call the index.html page, but when I click on the link(s),

I always get the following error:

(1) Error occurred while establishing connection with the WebFacing Server
on the host.

----

Additional information :

     While doing a version handshake with the WebFacing Server the following
exception was thrown:
     java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket closed

Details :

com.ibm.as400ad.webfacing.runtime.core.WebfacingInternalException: While
doing a version handshake
with the WebFacing Server the following exception was thrown:
java.net.SocketException: Connection
reset by peer: socket closed

(2) but rarely, I also get another error message:

 While logging on to the host OKJUV with user profile prashant received IO
exception:
 java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

The following is the CL command: " CALL  JLTTSTSRC/D1400 "

It would be really very very greatful, if you could help me in solving my
problem.

I was also looking at the many (.properties) files created, by the
web-facing wizard;
and felt they might be helpful

The " MessagesBundle_en.properties " in
C:\WDT400\Webfacing\itp\projectname\servlets
was talking a lot about, I guess what was happening.

********************************  MessagesBundle_en.properties
********************************

DEFAULT_LOCALE_NOT_SUPPORTED_MSG=Warning: The system's default locale is not
supported
(reverting to English)
SPECIFIED_LOCALE_NOT_SUPPORTED_MSG=Specified locale not supported
DLL_LOAD_FAILED_NAME_NULL=Dll load failed since dll name is null

ABOUT_TO_FLUSH_SOCKET=Flushing any remaining socket messages

CANNOT_OPEN_LOG_FILE=Cannot open the JT_LOG file

CATCHER_USAGE_MSG--Usage:   traceCatch 8xxx language
CATCHER_USAGE_DEFAULT=--Default: traceCatch 8765
COPYRIGHT_MSG=\nIBM Remote Debugger - Java Trace Catcher (TC) Version 8\n-
Licensed Material -
Property of IBM\n(c) Copyright IBM Corp 1997,2000  All Rights Reserved\nUS
Government Users
Restricted Rights - Use, duplication\nor disclosure restricted by GSA ADP
Schedule Contract\nwith
IBM Corp.\n

CONNECTION_ESTABLISHED_MSG=Connection established
CONNECT_BUSY_MSG=Connection port already busy
CONNECT_FAILED_MSG=Connection rejected (******* ALL JT OUTPUT BEING
DISCARDED *******)
CONNECTION_LOST_MSG=Connection lost

CAUGHT_EXCEPTION=Caught unpected exception
INVALID_MESSG_LEVEL=Invalid '-DJT_MSG=n' (numeric exception)
INVALID_DEBUG_LEVEL=Invalid '-DJT_DBG=n' (numeric exception)
INVALID_ERROR_LEVEL=Invalid '-DJT_ERR=n' (numeric exception)
INVALID_EVENT_LEVEL=Invalid '-DJT_EVT=n' (numeric exception)
INVALID_OUT_LEVEL=Invalid '-DJT_OUT=n' (numeric exception)

INVALID_JT_PORT=Invalid '-DJT_PORT' port (numeric exception)

INVALID_PORT=Invalid port (typically 8000-8999)

JT_CATCHER=JT_CATCHER:
JT_LOGGER=JT_LOGGER:
NO_JT_HOST='JT_HOST' is undefined so System.out is not redirected
PORT_IN_USE_MSG=Port is already in use (Catcher already running
PROGRAM_DONE_MSG=Program has run to completion
UNKNOWN_HOSTNAME_MSG=Unknown hostname
UNABLE_TO_ASSIGN_SYSTEM_IN_TO_SOCKET=Unable to assign System.in to socket
UNABLE_TO_ASSIGN_SYSTEM_OUT_TO_SOCKET=Unable to assign System.out to socket
UNABLE_TO_CONNECT_TO_JT_CATCHER=Unable to connect to JT_CATCHER, defaulting
to System.out
SYSTEM_OUT_NOW_SOCKET=System.out is now a socket --
SYSTEM_OUT_SOCKET_CLOSING=System.out socket about to be closed
SYSTEM_OUT_SOCKET_CLOSED=System.out socket now closed
WAITING_FOR_CONNECTION_ON_PORT_MSG=Waiting for connection

********************************  MessagesBundle_en.properties -
end*****************************

I think this gives a lot of helpful information but I couldn't understand.

what exactly should be the value of JT_PORT in
C:\WDT400\Webfacing\itp\webf1\tracing.properties;
should it be 4004, because it is showing 8800 BUT in " WFAPP.properties "
{WFAppPortName} = 4004

Also a few of the keywords are not supported, but I guess the problem I am
facing is not
because of the lack of support for a few keywords, but some configuration
setting.

What exactly is " .log " file in " C:\WDT400\Webfacing\itp\.metadata"
saying??

*******************************  .log

2  com.ibm.eclipse.core.runtime  1  Problems encountered loading the plug-in
registry.

<children>---------------------------------------------------------------
2  com.ibm.eclipse.core.runtime  2  Error while processing
file:/C:/WDT400/Webfacing/itp/plugins/com.ibm.eclipse.core.boot/plugin.xml.
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\WDT400\Webfacing\itp\plugins\com.ibm.eclipse.core.boot\plugin.xml (The
system cannot find the file specified)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:8
1)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection
.java:146)
        at
com.ibm.eclipse.internal.core.plugins.RegistryManager.processManifestFile(Re
gistryManager.java:127)
        at
com.ibm.eclipse.internal.core.plugins.RegistryManager.processManifestFiles(R
egistryManager.java:172)
        at
com.ibm.eclipse.internal.core.plugins.RegistryManager.loadRegistry(RegistryM
anager.java:107)
        at
com.ibm.eclipse.internal.core.runtime.InternalPlatform.launcherStartup(Inter
nalPlatform.java:279)
        at com.ibm.eclipse.core.boot.Launcher.startup(Launcher.java:747)
        at com.ibm.eclipse.core.boot.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:660)
        at com.ibm.eclipse.core.boot.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:525)

</children>---------------------------------------------------------------

*******************************  .log

I hope all the information, that I have talked about and supplied would be
sufficient
to help me in solving my problem.

I really would be soo happy and thankful to you, if you could help me in
really solving my problem.
I have been fighting on this, for quite some time.

I really appreciate your help.

thanks
eagerly waiting for your replies

PS: My web-facing server is running and I have installed all the recent
PTF(s) and cumPTF(s).