We are using Developer Tools for the Iseries Version 5.1 to webface a major
application and it does a very good job on 95 percent of the displays.

Non support of USRRSTDSP keyword creates a problem in the remaining
displays, but that final 5 percent is used 95 percent of the time.

The screens the user sees (which have the problem) result from a build up of
many (small-in-area) subfiles which do NOT overlap. The Window keyword is
used to create the physical border between. The reason the subfiles don't
overlap is because the information is important to working with each
successively added subfile display, and more important, the display has to
look like a dumb-terminal image which is what the application looks like on
the Intel, Unix and mainframe versions from which we ported this stuff years
ago. Not our choice, but the customer is a software company, not an end user
company which wouldn't care if we changed the look.

The specific problem is that when this stuff is seen in a browser, the only
thing that shows is the LAST subfile and some other stuff at the top and
bottom of the display which comes from some WRITE [record-format] of some
small non-subfile record formats.

I could have it (the non-active subfile areas) looking identical without
reusing the previously active and still displayed subfiles but not
re-writing tons of code is the mission of this webfacing attempt.

Any thoughts or suggestions

Steve Moland
Access Paths Inc