-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Gombkötö [mailto:gombkoetoe@assoft.com]

>1. How would one go about "generating" the cached pages. I know I could
>use a PC-based tool to "download" the site, then publish it back to the
>IFS, but I'd rather 100% automate this. Can I call Net.Data from the
>command line and redirect its output to a file?

Yes!
Just look at the Net.Data forum:
http://server6.kepnet.com/cgi-bin/db2www/forum.d2w/view?SID=20000110182221678137

>2. I realize this may be too application-specific, but in vagaries, how
>could you "wrap" the website to be able to recognize that a page is in the
>cache and display it? Maybe convert the single parm that can be passed
>into the page (K) in a folder name, something like Index/1/Index.HTML,
>Index/2/Index.HTML...I don't know...
>3. If I do something like the naming above, can the logic to decide if the
>cached page exists or not be moved to the Apache server itself using some
>sort of pattern match mapping?

2 and 3: i once saw a very interesting article discussing this. It was an
Apache article, but i can't remember where it was.

The main "trick" was to have a custom "page not found"-page that produces
the page as desired. Maybe that helps or helps someone to remember or point
you to the story.