> I'm not making this up, Brad - thems the rules
> of CGI
> programming.

I know this, Hans.  And you honor me by spending so much
time trying to dig up something.  I guess if that's all you
got, I done pretty good.  I mean, just pop over to
Amazon.com and check out the reviews...  Wow!  An RPG book
with reviews!!

I hope you treat the rest of the community with such
admoration and attention.

I never said it wasn't a rule, I never said it didn't have
to be done.  What I have said (every time you bring this up)
is that when I feel it's needed, I will do it.  When it's
not, I won't.  Encoding data is something you should have
figured out you needed and how to do it doing static HTML.

You can't include every little thing in every book (yes, I
can read your mind.. right now you're thinking "ITS A
RULE!!! RAZZZMM FRAZZMMM!!").  Sometimes, as I've said
before, it's best to focus on the core pieces and not go off
on too many tangents.  But it's hard to seperate the
Web400-L audience from the "real" audience that's still
working in an RPGIII shop and never seen anything else.
Throw too much at them at once, and kaboom.  They give up.

Other smaller pieces like URL encoding will be picked up by
accident along the way, or are already known.  I mean, I do
teach the core, but I also teach how to research questions.
That's the most important part of any teacher's job... how
to find information because no teacher/book, etc can cover
every little thing.

Thanks for being my biggest fan, Hans.  You really do
flatter me.