From: Jim Franz [mailto:franz400@triad.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 10:18 PM
To: web400@midrange.com
Subject: Re: [WEB400] HTML Expert Needed...

I do know from my own experience serving dynamically created pdf documents
from a cgi site, that there is a known pdf/netscape/ie problem where
sometimes (and with some versions- always) the pdf page will be blank if
trying to display within the same browser panel. We chose a workaround
published in Adobe Tech Support to change the preferences in Acrobat Reader
to always disply document in a new panel. Always works. There is quite a bit
of info in the Adobe site, listing all kinds of problems. It seems that the
various versions & features of the reader, along with various IE & Netscape
versions makes for some bumps. Is it required that your pdf appear in the
existing table? Or can it be the link to display the file? jim franz