Joe Pluta wrote:
I just finished researching exactly this topic for my WebSphere column.  My
conclusion was that today you basically have two choices for advanced
features: CSS2 (the newer, cooler version of Cascading Style Sheets) and
advanced DOM (Document Object Model) programming in JavaScript.

CSS2 is supported by Gecko/Mozilla/Netscape and Opera, while advanced DOM
programming requires IE.  Some things simply cannot be done in Gecko today
(such as modifying events), while the cooler features of CSS2 aren't in IE.
Standards, shmandards.  The two camps are still creating completely
incompatible products, to the deteriment of the community.
I'm looking forward to reading that column!  Will you post a link to
an on-line version of it when published?

Cheers!  Hans