If you don't mind, rather than pass rumors, how about waiting for a formal
announcement from IBM about their plans for the classic server.
My first mail was written under the impression of the mail received and the
sentence <cite>This is critical as we now claim 'equivalency' with the
original HTTP server and will be announcing withdrawal of the original HTTP
server in V5R3.</cite>.

At that time i didn't know that this sentence hadn't made it to the web page.

So take my apologies for spreading rumors. But don't be too surprised when
the Original HTTP server leaves us in V5R3 or V5R4.(*)

And consider that even when IBM does take a stand, and their customers
disagree, then IBM has a history of getting back in-line (remember the RPG
flipping burgers fiasco).
I don't know anything about "the RPG flipping burgers fiasco". What was it?

But i do remember OfficeVision/400, which is definitley gone and away
although there are customers still using it heavily. We, and this is
definitely no rumor, have a customer who would love to keep OV/400. We all
have a hard time in searching an alternative. (No proposals, thanks.)
Another one has a solution now, but isn't too happy with it.

I don't think these guys were the only ones using OV/400 heavily with tight
integration into their software. Where are the crowds demonstrating in
front of IBM? (*) They got one release more. Wow. But doesn't help very much.

By the way and out of curiosity: Is Relational-Web running on Apache? Or is
it using the Server API, that, as i understand it - never used it - is only
supported with Original?

best regards /  Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Anton Gombkötö
Avenum Technologie GmbH

http://www.avenum.com