At 09:06 20.08.2002 -0600, you wrote:
> > From: "Wills, Mike N. (TC)"
> > There is basically no straight HTML in the page, it is all
> > written via JavaScript. Has anyone else ever seen that
> > much JavaScript on a page?
>
>Yes.  Product information at:
>
>http://www.vultus.com/index.html
>
>Demo at:
>
>http://emailclient.ibasesystems.com/index.html
>
>However, I'm not sure that the user interface is any better than just strait
>HTML.  But it does take longer to load.

Looks as if they were trying to come as close to the free email client
coming with the browser they need... ;-)
I guess they implemented the security holes, too... :-)

Funny that they have in the comment some testing scripts.
         <!-- only load these if you will be doing JSUnit testing -->
<!--
         <script src="com/vultus/webface/util/UnitTest.js" />
         <script src="com/vultus/webface/util/jsUnitUtility.js" />
         <script src="com/vultus/webface/util/jsUnitCore.js" />
         <script src="com/vultus/webface/util/jsUnitExtension.js" />
-->

As a hacker, i'd activate those in a local copy of the page and look what
happens.

Not so funny is that when one has JavaScript deactivated, NOTHING appears.

Something like

<noscript>Please activate JavaScript to make this page work!</noscript>

wouldn't increase the download time much more...

Wow, 95 files with .js ending from that site with a total of 1,13MB.
Wow, these scripts are documented!!! Seem to be bought ones...
Wow, so many samples in the comments!!!

Now, isn't that nice?

You do not only get a whole application delivered, you get the sources, the
documentation, and when you are not satisfied with it, nobody can prevent
that you store all of this local and change according to your
needs/interests/goals.

As this looks highly sophisticated and is surely advertised as the "future"
- it uses XML - that can't it be.

Thanks, if i hadn't seen it i wouldn't believe it! ;-)

best regards /  Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Anton Gombkötö
Avenum Technologie GmbH

http://www.avenum.com