Joe Pluta, you are going off on a tangent.  The reason I, and many others, use
Netscape 4.77, 4.79, whatever, is because our customers do and we want to
support our customers.

In web sales, if something doesn't work the first time, the customer is either
not going to buy and go to another store, or click on the contacts and say your
sites all screwed up, go fix it.

Okay, fine, this doesn't apply to your particular website, but the question
wasn't why YOU use 4.77 but why Jeff used 4.77 (and I answered as applied to my
and my business).

Oh, and incidentally, Linux runs Netscape, so yes, our site runs under Linux.

And yes, we tried to do some correlation between what people with what browsers
bought what, and there wasn't a significant difference to skew the figures
after we got the rough estimates to narrow it down more, so we consider if x%
of visitors use Y web browser, they account for X% of the sales.

And, it is more than revenue that matters.  It is professionalism and trust.  A
customer goes to my web site and sees a broken link, a broken tag, something
that doesn't work, there goes my reputation.  Not only won't they buy, but
they'll tell their friends that the company is garbage, look how shoddy their
web page looks.  First impressions and all, you know.