Hi Simon,

>From a command line I did

    CALL UB92PDFF x'00033344455F'
    SHWSTDOUT

and got a blank screen with

     ===>

     F3=Exit F4=End of File F6=Print F9=Retrieve F17=Top
     F18=Bottom  F19=Left   F20=Right F21=User Window

at the bottom.  While my program was running, the stdout data stream was
being displayed on the green screen.

Here's the prototype I use to write to stdout:

d WrtStdOut       pr                  extproc('QtmhWrStout')
d  WrtDta                     1024a   options(*varsize) const
d  WrtDtaLen                    10i 0 const
d  APIerror                   1024a   options(*varsize)

Regarding the dropping of position 1 of the output, it only happens on the
display.  The program sends a PDF file to the HTTP server which sends it to
a web browser where it displays correctly, which would not happen if it were
truncating the 1st byte of each line.

PDF files drive me nuts -- I had a lower case "r" where it should've been
uppercase and all the Acrobat Reader says is "There was a problem opening
this document (14)".  I learned that you can press ctl, then click the OK
button on that message and you get another message "Expected 'dict' object".
With those helpful messages it took a couple of hours to figure out what was
wrong.

The point being, that if it weren't right, I wouldn't see anything at all.
So the dropped byte is somewhere in IBM's Session Manager.  And I say that
because it happens without using your program, which I still can't get to
capture my output.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050 voice