Looks good to me.
I notices in the frame set, though, you had the "src=" attribute set to
the CGI program. I think that's a no-no.
Only image files can be "/copy'd" in that manner. Otherwise you have to
use the SSI (server-side include) capabilities.

<FRAMESET COLS="30%,*">
<FRAME SRC="toc.html" NAME=toc>
<FRAME SRC="a.html" NAME=content>
<NOFRAMES>
<!--#include-file "a.txt"-->
<!--#include-file "toc.txt-->
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>

Note the #include statements. These are SSI (server-side includes) that
are including the other HTML source files; merging them on the host
server before sending them to the browser.

Bob Cozzi