I couldn't tell from the job log snippet what the problem was, but I suspected
it was a problem with WrtSection's dynamic storage.  So, I modified a copy of
one of my sample programs to loop and the symptoms appeared.  By looking at the
second level text of the messages, I located where in WrtSection the failure
occurred.  CGIDEV2's built-in debugging facilities also found the problem and
dumped the PSSR into the CGIDEBUG file.

I'll add to my to-do list your request for a way to find out how much data has
been stored in WrtSection's buffer.  I'm thinking of doing it by adding a second
*nopass parameter to the WrtSection subprocedure.  Since there is already one
*nopass parameter (whether to not add a newline character to each line), you
would have to code all three parameters.  For example:  WrtSection('top main' :
*off : byteswritten).

I can't make any promises as to when I'll get to it.

The ClrHtmlBUffer subprocedure already exists (was part of the September 2001
update).  If you don't have it, refresh your copy of CGIDEV2 from the easy400
site.

Mel Rothman, CGIDEV2 Author
IBM eServer Custom Technology Center (CTC), Rochester, Minnesota
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/service/ctc/
http://www.easy400.ibm.it/en