I had a chance to check *FINI today, and had no problems. For the amount of
data I'm testing with, there wasn't a significant difference. But I want
this for a different reason.

The CGI program I'm testing has a long SQL preparation time and returns a
few hundred rows. Instead of the "I submitted the page but nothing is
happening" response, I wanted to show a piece of the new page as soon as
possible, to let the user know they did submit the page.

I did a wrtsection('top')/wrtsection('*fini') then went into the SQL loop. I
did a wrtsection('*fini') after each detail write. I expected to see the
<h1>page title</h1> immediately after calling the program, then a pause when
SQL is prepared, then detail rows written one at a time. However, I didn't
see the <h1> until I started fetching SQL results.

I expected:
[submit page]
<h1>page title</h1>
[wait]

I got
[submit page]
[wait]
<h1>page title</h1>

Is there a minimum amount of data that must be sent to the browser before it
is shown? I wouldn't think so, but one never knows. (Using IE5.5, our
corporate standard).

I will look into this more. Thanks for confirming that I wouldn't "hurt"
anything by doing this.

Thanks,
Loyd