Aaron,

It's nice to hear that our ideas are finally rubbing off on
management!  We've been preaching that for years!

But, never the time... Not until the staff is short did they
have time.  ;)  Maybe the "too many cooks" thing comes in to
play after all, even at a huge shop like yours.

Even so, the methods you describe aren't a magic bullet
either.  There is no magic bullet.  Why?  Because with any
process there is "x" amount of work.  You can't get around
that.

But, getting closer to the minimum amount (x) of work needed
can be a step in the right direction.

Brad