i went to the ibm link and am concerned.
is it saying any attempt to get environment on a V5R1 machine has to change
it's code/recompile?
this is the details of the link.
<quote>
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR SE01114 :
  Using the api QtmhGetEnv fails on apache and original web server
  Joblog says CPF0C1F - Product information not found.

CORRECTION FOR APAR SE01114 :
  The QTMHCGI module has been changed to look for product 5722DG1
  being installed, instead of 5769DG1 product. QTMHCGI will now
  look for its message text in the QTCP library, instead of using
  the library list defined for the system.

CIRCUMVENTION FOR APAR SE01114 :
  Link to the QZHBCGI service program, rather than QTMHCGI.
 <end quote>
jim