From: <abeck@planco.com>
To: <web400@midrange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: [WEB400] Newbie ?

Great stuff everyone!  I'm also new to this email list and also to
web development on the AS/400.

I thought a summary of options might be useful.  I haven't really seen an
FAQ that covers all the areas.  Is this an accurate description of what
is available on the AS/400 for web development?

   Web Servers
     Lotus Domino
     IBM HTTP Server
     Apache

   Technologies
     NET.DATA is a good place to start
     WAS requires JAVA programming skills
     CGIDEV2 is a free library from IBM to use in CGI development

   Programming Languages used for web applications
     RPG
     JAVA
     CL ???
     Lotus Script and Notes Formulas (under Domino only)

   Other Free Stuff
     templates for NET.DATA
     codesamples for CGIDEV

   PHP isn't a proven technology on the 400 yet
   perl doesn't seem too popular on the AS/400

-Adam Beck
abeck@planco.com