> From: Joe Pluta
>
> There is a location on the AS/400 where the adminclient resides.
>
> \QIBM\ProdData\WebASAdv\hosts\default_host\admin\install

> From: Bleddyn
>
> If I look in that directory you pointed out I see no admin client, just 2
> .bat files when looking in the NT directory and a PTF indicator.
>
> Is there something different in the install now to the 400 that perhaps
> loads the clients on there?

This is what I hate... the inconsistency.  I don't know who in IBM doesn't
get it, but the fact that you can't say the same thing about two releases in
a row makes it very frustrating for my clients.  In any event, on my V4R5
machine, AS SHIPPED FROM IBM, in late April, I believe, I got the following
in the directory I mentioned earlier:

04/27/2001  04:54a      <DIR>          .
04/18/2001  02:34p      <DIR>          ..
04/18/2001  02:39p      <DIR>          HP
09/11/2001  06:32p      <DIR>          nt
04/27/2001  04:54a      <DIR>          aix
09/11/2001  06:32p      <DIR>          sun
04/18/2001  02:34p      <DIR>          construct
04/27/2001  04:54a          13,253,100 IBMWebASv3_NT_AdminClient.jar
04/27/2001  04:54a          13,253,130 IBMWebASv3_AIX_AdminClient.jar
04/27/2001  04:54a          13,253,127 IBMWebASv3_SUN_AdminClient.jar

Now, on my order, I specifically made sure that WebSphere 3.5 SE was part of
the order, so perhaps this is something special they do when they install it
on a new config, but if so, that's even more of a pain, to have different
software depending on whether you install the LPO or IBM installs it.

Joe