From: web400-admin@midrange.com [mailto:web400-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: 03 January 2002 20:44
To: web400@midrange.com
Subject: RE: [WEB400] RE: WebSphere Install First Time

Bleddyn, my confusion arose from the fact that there are really two pieces
to the puzzle:

1. 5733AS3, the LPO for WebSphere
2. The group PTFs and such that upgrade the thing

I'm not sure how things are today, but if I recall correctly, when I first
installed WebSphere, I did not get a QEJB library.  I think that's because I
only had WebSphere 2.0, but I don't remember for sure.  I got QEJB when I
upgraded via group PTFs.  Nowadays, you may not have to do that.

My current machine, I ordered WebSphere, and it came with WebSphere 3.5 SE
installed and I'm pretty sure it had a QEJB library when I got it.

If you get a machine without WebSphere, then subsequently install the
5733AS3 LPO, do you get the QEJB library?  If so, then that's one less
source of confusion.  And in any event, with the LPO I assume you get the
WebSphere disks, one of which is the NT disk, as you said.

Finally, there is a location on the AS/400 where the adminclient resides.

\QIBM\ProdData\WebASAdv\hosts\default_host\admin\install

As I said in MIDRANGE-L, I don't have the exact instructions, but basically
I think it boils down to unzipping the appropriate JAR file (AIX, NT or Sun)
onto your workstation.

Joe