Hi Sushama,

If this just started happening, these suggestions may not be helpful, but
just in case:

1) verify that your ODBC connection allows updates
2) verify that this connection specifies a file on the AS/400 that has a
unique key (I've been bitten by this one more than once! ;-)
3) test another update to see if the problem is just with this statement
or if it is more general . . .

Good luck,

web400@midrange.com writes:
>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>--
>Hi All,
>
>I am getting this error when I try do an SQL UPDATE on a table via ASP :
>
>"-2147467259[Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers]: [IBM][Client
>Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL7008 - PDBACCTREF in DBTEST
>not
>valid for operation."
>
>I can do a SELECT but it fails when I try to do an UPDATE. We recently
>upgraded to V5R1. I have started getting this error since then.
>
>I read somewhere that the file need to be journaled so I have setup
>journaling, but it did not help.
>
>Client access service pack level is in sync with the AS400 level.
>
>Someone on this list suggested there was fix for the CWBODBC.DLL available
>and I tried to install that but that gave me more trouble, would not let
>me
>even connect to the database :
>
>"429[Microsoft VBScript runtime error]:  ActiveX component can't create
>object
>Failed to connect to the database"
>
>Any and all help will greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA
>Sushama

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst