Buck, have you thought to try our PSC400 product?  We handle popup windows.
And function keys, and subfiles and fold/drop and message subfiles and
display attributes and on and on... and our screens look much better than
anything put out by either webfacing or web:2e.  In fact, our fully
"webified" screens look like web applications, not a converted green screen
application.  Performance is subsecond, even over the Internet.

I can send you some before and after screen shots if you're interested, or
walk you through an online demo of a few applications.  We'll have a full
set of online demos available next month.

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com