The 'current user' is what you need to look at....

typically it is QSECOFR

What you need is *USE authority on the QSECOFR *USRPRF

once you have this you can STRSRVJOB

If you want to see the job log (after you have the  above requirements)

     1. strsrvjob
     2. strdbg
     3. at the breakpoint - you will now be able to see the joblog because
QSECOFR is not the current user at that moment in time.

Good luck

It's a pain but that's how I do it.

Andrew

                    "Christopher A.

                    Libby"                       To:     "WEB400@midrange. com"
<WEB400@midrange.com>
                    <clibby@mainepublicse        cc:

                    rvice.com>                   Subject:     Can't Debug a
RPG-CGI
                    Sent by:

                    owner-web400@midrange

                    .com

                    08/06/2001 02:24 PM

                    Please respond to

                    WEB400

I'm having problems getting authorized to run a STRSRVJOB on the job running
my RPG-CGI.  It tells me I'm not authorized to the job log nor to the job,
even though QPGMR has *ALL authority to the job description and userid
associated with QHTTPSVR.

What could be causing the problem?

-Chris

Christopher A. Libby, Programmer/Analyst
Maine Public Service Company (www.mainepublicservice.com)
clibby@mainepublicservice.com (207) 768-5811 ext. 2210

+---