  • Subject: Re: Using Websphere, WDT400 and web facing, DOWNLEVEL VERSION of WEBFACING SERVER
  • From: bdietz@xxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:29:36 -0400

If you downloaded the service packs for the PC side you will need to
reconvert/publish the webfacing app.

Bryan Dietz

Kevin H <kevinh@KMTCINC.NET>
Sent by: owner-web400@MIDRANGE.COM
07/27/2001 10:56 AM
Please respond to WEB400

        To:     WEB400@MIDRANGE.COM
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Using Websphere, WDT400 and web facing, DOWNLEVEL
VERSION  of
WEBFACING SERVER

Well.

my starting point is the latest PTF cume .. C1163510
further background further down this posting.

To see the exact error I am getting, plse goto
http://as400.kmtcinc.net/demo/   and select one of the options.
it is (supposed to be) the IBM supplied Soccer Team demo program.
The implication to me, and per Brian yesterday, is that the PC and the
Server are running at different
versions of the WebServer/WebFacingServer .. kind of a level-check on
software.

After lots of checking,  I downloaded a few PTFs that I thought I would
not
need, eg, C++ compiler.
There were 2 that ECS would not let me order,
viz.  SI01824 and SI00558

and there was one that they wanted to Mail to me, viz/  SI01795

however, in the interrim, i downloaded all and sundry PTFs that I was
missing, and still not having any luck on it.

I thought I would re-post in-case someone has other experiences that might

point me on other directions,
while I am waiting for the IBM PTFs to come in...

TIA
kmh

At 01:30 PM 7/26/2001, you wrote:
>Thanks Brian
>
>I thought I had downloaded all the correct PTFs,
>and the correct Service Packs,
>but will dig a little further.
>
>I will investigate and send some feedback.
>
>ta
>kmh
>

>At 12:18 PM 7/26/2001, you wrote:
>>You need to make sure the 400 has the latest Webface server PTF's.  If
it
>>does the did you apply SP2 for the webface product?
>>Sounds Like you have the two out of synch.
>>
>>I have had good luck on V4R5 for the webface,other that DDS keywords.
>>
>>For SP2 --->  http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/webupdate.html
>>For AS/400 --> http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support/ptfs.html
>>
>>Bryan Dietz
>>

>>Kevin H <kevinh@KMTCINC.NET>
>>Sent by: owner-web400@MIDRANGE.COM
>>07/26/2001 11:10 AM
>>Please respond to WEB400
>>

>>         To:     WEB400@MIDRANGE.COM
>>         cc:
>>         Subject:        Using Websphere, WDT400 and web facing,
>> DOWNLEVEL VERSION of  WEBFACING
>>SERVER
>>

>>good day all.
>>

>>I wonder if I might poll the jury to see if anyone has experienced the
>>message I am getting while attempting to use WebFacing,. I am attempting
>>WebFace an existing application, but as a first attempt I took IBMs
sample

>>code and started working with that.. In describing the situation below,
>>hope I have provided enough info.
>>

>>Background: I am running at v5r1, mainly because I was having no luck at
>>v4r5. I loaded both the PC and 400 from the same software shipment from
>>IBM, but I have downloaded some service packs to the PC, and am
wondering
>>if this caused the problem >>
>>

>>So, I get the WAS and HTTP setup, fire-up Internet Explorer, and get the
>>first screen, that is kind of like a menu. I have no idea what server
>>software might be out of synch with the client, but herewith the message
>>
>>receive.
>>

>>I would appreciate any assistance in this regard.
>>

>>TIA Kevin
>>

>>copy/Paste details  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>

>>ERROR MESSAGE: Client version negotiation with Webfacing Server failed,
>>please contact the administrator of this web site to request a server
>>upgrade
>>

>>ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
>>com.ibm.as400ad.webfacing.runtime.core.WFServerDownLevelException:
Client
>>detected a downlevel version of the WebFacing Server, communication with
>>the server has been terminated
>>

>>DETAILS:
>>com.ibm.as400ad.webfacing.runtime.core.WFServerDownLevelException:
>>Client detected a downlevel version of the WebFacing Server,
communication

>>with the server has been terminated.
>>
>>This email was cleaned by emailStripper, available for free from
>>http://www.printcharger.com/emailStripper.htm
>>| To submit a new message, send your mail to WEB400@midrange.com.
>>| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
>>david@midrange.com
>>+---
>>

>>+---
>>| This is the WEB400 Mailing List!
>>| To submit a new message, send your mail to WEB400@midrange.com.
>>| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
david@midrange.com
>>+---

>| To submit a new message, send your mail to WEB400@midrange.com.
>| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
david@midrange.com
>+---

+---