  • Subject: RE: WebSphere problems on AS/400 temporary storage increasing.
  • From: "Joe Teff" <JoeTeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:55:21 -0500

garbage collection doesn't really reclaim memory, it just marks it so it can
be reused. not sure if this explains what is going on here. it sounds like
it uses up to the max memory allowed for the jvm. garbage collection doesn't
even kick in until memory runs low. the spec just says what is supposed to
happen - not how.