Comments in-line Greg.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Oct 31, 2016, at 4:17 PM, Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are there any plans in the works for an option in RDi to convert control specs to free format?

I doubt it - and I hope not personally. There are many things needed in RDi that only IBM can really do. Free-form conversion can already be done by three different tools that I know of. Linoma’s RPG Toolbox ($500 for the RDi plug-in if you already own it) is one. Arcad’s Transformer is another - no idea of the price on that. That also plugs in to RDi but is not as well integrated IMO as Linoma’s tool. The third option (which is free) is from Craig Rutledge but only runs in green screen until such time as someone - perhaps the team from iSphere? - bulls a plug-in for it.

Also, does anyone know of a way to "turn off" the repositioning of the RSE view? Example. I have two members open - each in a different QRPGLESRC file in separate libraries. When I close one of the members, RSE repositions itself to the member still open. This can be a real pain.

Why? - sorry but I’ve never had an issue with this and I’m not sure what else you would expect it to do. Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to happen?

Thx.