On 25 October 2016 at 23:21, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
error log:

"....

!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui_[2.8.0,3.0.0).
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2016-10-25 22:10:44.604
!MESSAGE Bundle org.uddi4j_2.0.5.v200805270300 [1105] was not resolved.
!SUBENTRY 2 org.uddi4j 2 0 2016-10-25 22:10:44.604
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.apache.axis_[1.3.0,2.0.0).

..."

I tried reinstalling RDi, which failed, and update/repair, which wouldn't
even start.

I can tell you what it ought to look like; there's a directory called
'shared/features' and inside that is there org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui
lives. Inside 'shared/plugins' is where uddi4j lives. That's cold
comfort.

Are you really working with 9.0.0, or is that a typo? The point being
I haven't got one that old, so I can't follow along :-(

I would uninstall RDi, then use Windows Explorer to manually delete
all the directories where RDi used to be. Then make a pass through
the registry to clean all of that up too. Once all traces of the old
RDi are gone, start over. AS ADMINISTRATOR, install a new copy.
Don't put it in 'Program Files...' I put mine in a directory called
'ibm'. That saves so much Windows grief. It seems pretty broken now,
so that drastic a purge doesn't seem like it'll hurt that much.

If that doesn't work, share the Windows version (OS version as well as
64/32 bit) and as much as you can about how you got to this point.
Was RDi working fine for years and then last night didn't start? Were
you trying to install a new plugin, or Eclipse project? What changed
between the time RDi worked and now? I know that's not easy; I'm not
sure I could tell you all of the things I changed on my PC yesterday,
but we all know that the thing that changed is almost certainly the
thing that broke it.
--buck