Hi Jim

You describe a way of working that is similar to mine - one thing I do differently is to use the Turnover plugin - Turnover being a change management system - there are others like Aldon, Implementer, and ArCad. I end up doing most of my work in RDI, as a result.

If your research includes searching for certain text in source members, let me heartily recommend you install the iSphere plugin - I have a filter that is set for all libraries that have source files - that's upwards of 20 libraries. The search in iSphere can run over the entire filter - and it does so in seconds - it is SO much faster than the search for text that is in RDi, which is based on IBM FNDSTRPDM. There have been recent posts about the latest version of iSphere, which has lots of other tools, as well - like a message file editor, data area editor, I think a user space editor, very cool and useful stuff.

HTH
Vern