From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon
Hamberg
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:14 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Making the most, or over-thinking it - SQL for
uploads

LOL

Duane - it's not due to any lack on your part - as Buck is sayin, text files
are unstructured things.

Now if you have SQL Server, or MySQL, it is probably possible to have a link
or some such that can pull stuff out of the text fiel - assuming it is
either delimited or fixed-length data.

This just doesn't feel "convenient"! Have the text file saved or otherwise
delivered to an IFS directory and have a regular job that imports it to a
holding file, then run SQL on the i that does does the WHERE stuff for you.

Easy? Yep! At least IMHO

Vern