"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 05/25/2016 01:00:05 PM:
----- Message from Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Wed, 25
May 2016 13:55:31 +0000 -----

"Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [WDSCI-L] Open IBM i Member Shortcut for DDS Design

Duane,

I change my preference to open in the DDS Designer...

Windows>Preferences>General>Editors>File associations

"*.DSPF" I have my mine as "Screen Designer (default)"

The only thing I miss, is that I cannot use the Record/Play-back in
the source view from the DDS "Source-Tab", other than that, it is
pretty much like the LPEX editor in the "source-tab".

-Ken Killian-

That opens it in the Screen Designer, but Duane is talking about switching
perspectives to the DDS Design Perspective. I used to use that
perspective, but have since abandoned it as I didn't find that it really
added anything to my productivity. I just set up my normal editing
perspective in a way that works for all IBM i source types.