To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paul Bailey <PaulBailey@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/21/2016 08:45AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Custom compile from IFS

Hi Eric,

For source members, the following command is used:
RUNSQLSCR SRCFILE(&L/&F) SRCMBR(&N) SCHEMA(*NONE) OPTION(*EVENTF)

And for IFS source files, the following command is used:
RUNSQLSCR SRCSTMF('&FCP/&N') SCHEMA(*NONE) EVENTFL(*SCHEMA) OPTION(*EVENTF)

I always compile interactively, but (just for a laugh) I switched the default to compile in batch, and compiling the IFS source file with my command above *did* display the error list from the EVENTF file. Very interesting!

Compiling source members with my RUNSQLSCR command displays the error list both interactively and in batch. Compiling IFS source files with my RUNSQLSCR command displays the error list only when compiled in batch.

Should I create a PMR for this? Or an RFE instead? I can't imagine either would get results as it is just my tool that is suffering.

Can I cause only some compiles to run in batch instead of interactively? Can anyone think of good reasons to always compile in batch instead of interactively?

-Paul.