So how does one know for a fact that I am using the local help verse IBM hosted help? I'm at 9.5.x and I do not have local help server configured. I copied my 9.1.x workspace to my 9.5.x version. When I go to help I can see the help window status bar reporting linking to a localhost address and port.

If I am using the local host I would hate to see it switched to the IBM hosted version as the current help is IMO slow to respond.

Thanks, Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Littlejohn
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 10:50 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Using Local Help in RDi 9.5.2

Hi Brian. The 'Install New Software' method adds the content to the existing help system. So there's not a new server added or to add to the help preferences.

Thanks for pointing out the following link. I think it creates confusion as it is. I'll give some thought to how to best address.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_9.5.0/com.ibm.help.common.remote.nolhu.doc/topics/t_change_location_of_help.html

James Littlejohn
IBM Canada Limited, Toronto Software Lab RDp Information Development D3/446/8200/MKM
905-413-4343 tl 8-969-4343