BTW, I am doing a talk at COMMON about Git on IBM i. Some exciting news
coming soon in this space.

https://commons16.sched.org/event/9c0241c59b86b92d2274de76fcc4a427

From: "Jim Oberholtzer" <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25/03/2016 03:34 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi source control
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mike,

What your describing sounds more like source control than change management
so I really wonder if GIT might not be the solution for you. Several of my
customers are using it now and while it's a learning curve to get set up
and
running the way you want it, I think you could mimic your process described
below without too much problem.

That said, it might be just as easy and cost effective to pick one the
change management packages, although most of them have feature/function
well
beyond your stated needs at this point.

--
Jim Oberholtzer