Justin

A wild shot here - did you start RDi as Administrator? Or whatever else you were running to make the change? That always bites me!
HTH
Vern

On 2/17/2016 12:53 PM, Justin Taylor wrote:
I did several uninstall/reinstalls this morning of the RSE plugin, but no luck.

I found the links folder and it has a single file:
com.softlanding.rse.extensions.link

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Davie [mailto:dougdavie@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:14 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How to keep perspective from reopening?

Your notes indicate that you did a reinstall of RDi.
I suspect you didn't reinstall the RSE plugin.
Please examine your RDi install location (seen by right clicking the icon you use to start RDi and select properties) It's the location where the eclipse.exe is located.
Navigate to that location with Windows Explorer.
You'll see folders such as: bin, configuration, features, etc, as well as that eclipse.exe.
Do you have a 'dropins' folder? or a 'links' folder in this location?
Is there a com.softlanding.rse.extensions.link file within?

If no dropins folder, create it. (all lowercase) If no .link file, copy it:
In another windows explorer window, navigate to where you have the RSE plugins installed.
Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftLanding\RSE Extensions Here you'll find the com.softlanding.rse.extensions.link file

Probably best to do this with RDi closed.
Then restart with the -clean option.