On 2/15/2016 3:46 PM, Greg Wilburn wrote:

I started a wiki page for installation.
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/RDi_Install You aren't the only one
who's expressed frustration about this aspect of RDi. My comments below
should be taken in that vein.

By the bye, I see you have it installed; will you consider writing the
wiki page? It is certainly going to be freshest in your mind...

So I have a pretty simply installation... I had RDi installed, Data Studio, iSphere plug, and nothing more. I have my workspace saved and copied over to the new PC. Is there a document on how best to complete the task of re-installation? What's the best method to quickly restore my environment to what it was before?

Firstly, I concur that installation should be click and done. However:

I copied the unzipped v9.1 folder over to my new machine, but
it won't install - something about installation manager.

This is not easy for me to replicate. I'm assuming that you mean that
you copied the installation folder, but the installation 'folder' is
actually multiple folders which cross several DVDs. WHICH folder did
you copy?

'... it won't install...' - is there a specific error? How did you
attempt to do the install, exactly what thing did you click on?

'...something about installation manager.' - again, with more to work
on, it would be easier to understand exactly what is happening.

Secondly, what has changed between the time you last installed RDi and
today? From a wiki perspective, this is salient because my recollection
is that installing 9.0, 9.1, and 9.5 all worked exactly the same way,
but it seems clear to me that I'm mis-remembering something. I'd like
to correct my incorrect assumption before I update the wiki.