On 2/9/2016 3:56 PM, Koester, Michael wrote:
This one defies explanation - so far at least. On occasion, I need to browse a source member from one of our production libraries, and for this member only (as far as I've encountered), I can't get an outline.
What makes it most peculiar is that I can copy that source to a source file in my own library, and the outline is fine.

Check for yellow triangles with exclamation points on the left. These
indicate a syntax error that the live parser couldn't work through. I'm
on 9.5 but I recall issues with /copy members in earlier versions. The
point of that being this: if there's a /copy in your library that's
different to the one in the production library, that might be the
difference.

Sometimes I can find the cause by running the verifier, but in this case, the verifier only shows two sev 20 errors that are bogus: "Keywords DFTACTGRP, ACTGRP, or USRPRF are not allowed." (I get this routinely in v9.1 from the verifier for SQLRPGLE members that compile fine).

I used to be plagued by this, but Barbara (at least I think it was she!)
posted on this list to add *CRTBNDRPG as a condition name to the
verifier. Help > Preferences > Remote Systems > IBM i > Program
Verifiers ? ILE RPG > Defines I also found a thread in 2012 that covers
the same thing: http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/201201/msg00123.html