From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries (wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx)"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/28/2016 09:57 AM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.5.0.2 Function keys stop working in Debug...
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I am using RDi 9.5.0.2 and inside of debug, and every so often my FUNCTION
keys for Play, Step-Over, and Step-Into STOP WORKING!!! <frustration>

I think I have found one way to duplicate it:

1.) Start debug with RDI...

2.) Use functions for Step over and/or INTO. Works Great!

3.) Flip to OUTLINE view for analysis, to find a field size...
Using LPEX, the editor will give you pop-up tip on the attributes.
But, this functionality "disappears" in Debug-Mode for whatever reason.

4.) Then try use Function keys for Debugging again. And they all are
SHUT OFF!! They no longer work!!!

This has been a long time annoyance for me for a VERY LONG TIME! Which
makes me extremely frustrated at RDI DEBUG...

Oh well, at least I found "one way" to duplicate Function keys stop working
for debug....

Reported on PMR# 45239 442 000 -- RDI 9.5.0.2 Function keys stop working in
Debug

PS. Haven't had my Delete and/or Backspace key fail me in quite a while on
RDI! <Joy Joy> That normally was VERY RARE, but still drove me MAD... <LOL>

-Ken Killian-