On 1/27/2016 7:05 AM, Stuart Rowe wrote:
Michael/Buck,

Great idea! I'm not really "Eclipse-ready" over here, and do not fully
grok the "User Action" thing. RDi is (unfortunately) my first exposure to
Eclipse. Sounds like a great idea though, if you can still get the error
feedback. I suppose it would work since the event file is in the same
library as the compiled object.

User actions are very similar to PDM User-Defined Options (WRKMBRPDM >
F16). To get to it is RDi, open the Remote Systems Perspective, set up
a member filter [1], context-click a member > User Actions > Work with
User Actions... To copy an existing command, context click it on the
left side, then click the 'New > Member Action' and context click the
command box on the right, then Paste.

The variables noted on that window are exactly the same as PDM, so &L is
a place holder for the library, &N is a place holder for the member
name, etc. 'Insert Variable' will show a list.

There is a very similar dialogue for a User Compile Command which can be
found at Compile > Compile > Work with Compile Commands.

To invoke the User Action, context click a member > User Actions >
choose the action you'd like to perform. I have actions for 'copy
member to development', 'promote to production' and so forth.

[1] object filters work too, but we're interested in a 'compile' action
so a member filter is a more useful example.